The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia will be closed Wednesday, January 25th.
Open - Heritage Day (free admission), Easter Sunday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Natal Day, Labour Day, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, Thanksgiving Day
Reduced hours - Remembrance Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve
Closed - Good Friday, Easter Monday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day
BMO Free Access Thursday Night
Thanks to the generous support of BMO Financial Group, we are pleased to present BMO Free Access Thursday Night, where admission from 5 pm-9 pm every Thursday is free of charge.
Know Before You Go – COVID-19 Guidelines
Our goal is to ensure that you can immerse yourself in art and art experiences in the safest space possible. Please review the following guidelines:
- The use of a non-medical mask is not mandatory during your visit; however, we encourage those who feel more comfortable to wear a mask to do so. You may see some staff and volunteers wearing a mask while others may choose not to.
- Capacity limits and physical distancing is not required; however, we ask that visitors are mindful of their surroundings and respect the comfort levels fellow visitors, staff and volunteers.
- The water fountain in Gallery North remains closed at this time. Please bring your own, filled water bottles. Water and other drinks can be purchased from the Gallery Shop. As always, food and drink cannot be consumed in exhibition spaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations continue to be available and cleaning efforts in public areas and high touch surfaces maintain a priority.
- We are committed to continue assessing these guidelines and implement changes for visitor and staff safety as Public Health guidelines change.
All areas of the Halifax gallery are wheelchair accessible. If assistance or a wheelchair is required, please visit our information desk.
Please note: backpacks, food, drinks, large bags, and umbrellas are not permitted in Gallery spaces. These items must be stored in our coatroom, lockers are also available. Photography is allowed, without flash.
1723 Hollis Street
Halifax, NS B3J 1V9
Parking is available nearby. There are numerous parking lots, as well as metered street parking.
The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is a participating venue in the Easter Seals Canada Access 2 Card program that offers free admission for the companion of those visitors with permanent disabilities who require assistance while visiting the Gallery. To learn more about the Access 2 Card Program, click here.
The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is a participating venue of the Canoo program that offers free admission to cultural attractions for newcomers* of Canada. To learn more about Canoo, click here.
* Newcomers (over 18) within their first 5 years of permanent residency or within their first year of citizenship are eligible for a one-year Canoo membership.
The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is a participating venue of the Welcomed In Halifax program that offers free admission to recent refugees to Canada. To learn more about the Welcomed In Halifax, click here.
AGNS participants in the GoHere Washroom Access Program.