Summer Art Camps 2022
Summer Art Camp is back! The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is a fun and playful place for all your aspiring creatives this summer!
Each of our week-long classes will explore a range of art making techniques, materials, and ideas, from drawing and painting to three-dimensional projects and everything in between!
Local practicing artists and art educators bring their wealth of talent and experience to lead classes for children. Students will have fun and get inspired with hands-on studio activities, exploration of the Galleries, and outings around our neighbourhood. Using playful themes each week to get inspired, these week-long camps are the perfect way to engage your camper in artistic experiences this summer.
Once the camps are full we will be creating a waitlist- please email with the week(s) and number of spots you would like to be waitlisted for. Please email email@example.com or call 902-424-5280 during Gallery hours for more information.
Summer Camps - Ages 5-12
July 4–8 (Sold Out) & July 11–15 (Sold Out): Creative Creatures
Let your imagination run wild! Add stripes, polka dots or wings to your creative creature, as we look to real and mythical animals as inspiration for this class!
July 18–22 (Sold Out) & July 25–29 (Sold Out): Colour Your World
Explore a range of colourful possibilities in this class as we play with paint, practice printmaking, and try new techniques that focus on the magic of colour!
August 8–12 (Sold Out): The Great Outdoors
Explore art for the outdoors and things that are at home in the natural world. Get inspired by the water, air, and earth around you to create art that helps keep the environment healthy.
August 15–19 (Sold Out) & August 22–26 (Sold Out): Out of the Blue
The sky…. the ocean…. this class explores both! Create artworks from whimsical flying objects to underwater creatures, all inspired by the vastness of the Atlantic and the sky above.
- Registrants for Summer Camp must be between the ages of 5-12 at the time of camp (5-year-olds must have attended pre-primary in the 2021-22 academic year.
- Supervision begins at 8:30am and & available until 5:00pm, for no extra fee. Please indicate preferences during checkout.
- There will be two cohorts of campers each week. Registrants will be divided by age one week prior to the start of class.
- Two instructors per week develop and deliver the thematic program and customize the projects for the two age groups.
- Students will work with one instructor in the morning session and the other in the afternoon session.
- Don’t forget to pack water, lunch and snacks! (no nut products).
- Artmaking is messy work. Please remember to wear work clothes.
- Please dress for the weather. We plan to spend time outdoors during snack and lunch breaks.
Registration and Fees:
- Fees are $230 per week and include all art materials. With a Family Membership receive a 10% discount and access to early registration.
- If you need to cancel, a $10 cancelation fee will apply for a refund. If the Gallery needs to cancel a full refund will be provided at no fee.