Summer School of the Arts
Have fun and get inspired with hands-on studio activities and explorations at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia. Local practicing artists and art educators bring their wealth of talent and experience to lead classes for children and youth. Experiment with a range of art materials, discover new art techniques, play with ideas and explore the provincial art collection. HALIFAX LOCATION ONLY.
NEW - Registration for classes has changed!
Now students participate in full-day classes for the week(s) they are enrolled. In each age group (5-7 or 8-12), students will take a morning class, stay for lunch and then take their afternoon class. Stay and play all day!
8:30 – 9:00 am – Early Supervision
9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Class time
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm – Lunch time
1:00 – 4:00 pm – Class time
4:00 – 4:45 pm – Afternoon Supervision
- Each week-long session consists of a morning class and an afternoon class.
- Class size is limited to 13 students.
- Students can be dropped off and picked up from the Education Studios near the main lobby.
- After-school care is available until 4:45 p.m.
- Lunchtime supervision is available to all students. Students will need to bring a lunch but NO nut products please.
- Students should bring a water bottle and snack for mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
- Some classes will take advantage of nice weather, so a hat and sunscreen are recommended.
- Please label your child’s belongings.
- Art can be messy, so students should wear “work” clothes.
Select your classes and register online. After your purchase check your confirmation email for a link to Summer School Information form to complete your registration!
We will continue to offer morning, lunch, and afternoon supervision at no additional cost.
Register early, space is limited!
Pre-registration is required for all classes. Register in person at the Gallery Information Desk, online with credit card payment (Visa or Mastercard), or by phone at 902-424-5280. There is a 10% non-refundable registration fee. There are no refunds 14 days prior to the start of your class. In the event there is insufficient registration, the class will be cancelled and all fees will be refunded two weeks prior to the start date.
Fees include all art materials.
COST: $260/week + Tax
Gallery members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on class fees. If you have any questions about this discount or require a discount code please contact our Information Desk (902) 424-5280.