Know Before you Go
Planning your visit
Things to know before you go:
- If you are not feeling well, showing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 please stay home. We ask that everyone does a self-assessment before visiting.
- We are providing voluntary contact tracing check-in upon entry to provide Public Health with your information to contact you in the event of a possible COVID-19 exposure. Text ‘Keyword’ followed by First & Last Name to 22022. Standard message and data rate apply. If you do not have a cell phone or text plan, we provide the option to log in via a website. Your check in record is automatically deleted after four (4) weeks. SimplyCast does not sell your information or use it for any other purpose.
- The use of a non-medical mask or face covering is mandatory for the duration of your visit. Please bring a mask with you or purchase one at the Front Desk for a nominal fee.
- Please ensure that you practice physical distancing to reduce your exposure to other people – you should stay at least two metres away from other visitors and staff.
- Coatroom and lockers are available. There will be receptacles for clean and used coat hangers. As always, large handbags/backpacks, umbrellas and oversized personal items are not permitted in exhibition spaces. Please consider bringing as little as possible for your visit.
- If you require a stroller or a wheelchair, please bring one with you for your visit.
What we are doing to create a safer space
The following practices have been put in place to protect you and our staff and volunteers:
- We have set capacity limits to ensure that visitors can follow physical distancing measures.
- Please note that when visiting there is a designated entrance (Courtyard between Hollis Street and Bedford Row) and exit (into Provincial Building Lobby, 1723 Hollis Street).
- We have introduced a one-way flow throughout the Gallery, where possible, indicated by wall and floor arrows.
- Additional signage has been put in place to help you navigate through the Gallery in the safest way possible.
- Where possible, we ask that visitors take the elevator up and stairs down to help with the one-way route.
- Visitors can now use contactless payment options. When visiting, we strongly encourage you to pay with debit or credit.
- The Gallery has increased cleaning efforts in public areas and high touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the Gallery for your use.
- We encourage you to bring your own water bottles. As always, food and drink cannot be consumed in exhibition spaces. We are not currently offering space for lunches or snacks. We encourage you to use the Courtyard if weather permits.
- We ask that all visitors follow the hygiene protocols posted in washrooms and throughout the Gallery.
- Gallery staff will be required to wear a mask when interacting with visitors.
- We are committed to continue assessing these new changes and implement further changes for visitor and staff safety as Public Health guidelines change.
Impacted events and activities:
- Guided tours and other programming is on hold until further notice. We will continue to monitor Public Heath guidelines as we plan for the reimplementation of our fun and exciting programs.
- Facility rentals are currently unavailable.